TITLE: Technical Sales Consultant
SALARY: R240k – Attractive Commission Structure – Medical Aid – Provident Fund – Laptop – Cell phone – 3G modem – Petrol expenses paid
Are you looking to join a market leader, operating since 1968, with year on year growth and a positive attitude to target achievement which operates in a fast growing and constantly evolving industry with a real zeal for staff development and job satisfaction? If the answer is yes then maybe we have the career for you!
Our client is the largest Audio and Video intercom Company in South Africa and it is supplying the broadest portfolio of systems from Audio and Video Intercom Systems products, Gate Automation, Door Automation, Parking Systems, Traffic Barriers, Turnstiles, Access Control Systems, CCTV and others to a wide range of customers throughout the South Africa. They have of forty years of access automation experience.
Due to this growth and recent acquisitions, they now have a vacancy for an Area Sales Manager, based at Johannesburg Head Office, ideally with a technical sales background.
You must have your own car and be living within close proximity of our office, be flexible and in order to plan effective management of the territory must have a good geographic appreciation of the area. You will be a real self-starter, capable of succeeding with minimal supervision and hungry to earn. You must have a demonstrable record of achievement preferably in a related industry, a level of acumen commensurate with this important role and a real can-do attitude.
The territory will cover the whole area of the region.
Whilst these areas have been managed by the current sales team up to this point, this has been done on a largely reactive basis and consequently insufficient effort has been made to develop the customer base to its full potential. This now provides an excellent opportunity to assume responsibility for a largely untapped area offering you and the company tremendous growth prospects.
The role has two clear strategic goals, both being important at the same level.
Firstly, as a Technical Consultant your duties will be to provide full “hands on” technical and service support to customers. Here below a list of the main goals:
- Pre and post-sales technical advice to customers;
- Preparation of quotations;
- Repair of items within company procedural guidelines;
- Site visits to advise customers on installations;
- Any other activity related to technical problems customers may experience;
- Support customers internally;
- Provide training to customers on our products.
- Rendering 24/7 after sales service to customers including technical support and information;
Secondly, as a Sales Consultant you will be required to develop sales through the installer channel, which ranges from a one-man home-based operation to larger enterprises where access products may represent one of several disciplines in which the company is involved.
Again, here below there is a list of the main goals:
- Develop sales to customers and territory assigned: Call on customers, analyse their needs, provide quotations, training and advice on our products and, if necessary.
- Calling on new clients in accordance with the call cycles agreed with your Manager;
- Serve and assist customers at the Company’s Branch office;
- Ensuring customer satisfaction and loyalty in respect of new and existing accounts;
- Assisting customers in specifying the Company’s products;
- Assessing customers’ buying potential;
- Monitor and report on customers and market purchasing trends, the market position of competing products and other relevant factors that affect the sale of group products.
- Develop and implement sales strategies to meet trends and competitor’s challenges.
These two challenging roles require a dedicated person with excellent industry experience both at a “hands on” engineering level and also with excellent organisational, supervisory and communication skills.
You would be expected to work in a structured manner following set procedures and activities such as:
- Report to the Regional Manager
- Attendance at the Branch office for sales meetings and at JHB HQ, when required.
- Timely diary and weekly reporting.
- Sufficient productivity levels.
- Achieving fiscal targets.
- Making own appointments.
- Sourcing of new customers.
- Work on a performance base contract
The role attracts
- A basic salary of up to R240k/year for the right candidate
- An attractive commission structure (uncapped).
- Business travel expenses
- Petrol expenses for business travel at AA rates, which include maintenance costs
- Laptop, cell phone, 3G card
- Membership to the company Provident Fund (compulsory)
- Membership to the company Medical Aid fund (optional)
- 15 days holiday per year.
If you feel you are the one please forward your current word CV, Head & shoulders photo and an accompanying letter explaining why you would be suitable for this role to email@example.com
Please note applications submitted without a head & shoulders photo and a covering letter will not be considered.
After the first interview at the company, there will be a second interview where the candidates will be required to prepare a presentation on features and benefits of some company products and take a test. All the necessary information will be supplied.