Title: Mechanical Engineer
An exciting career opportunity has arisen for an experienced Mechanical Engineer to join the dynamic Sabie Site operation. The successful candidate will assume overall responsibility for all engineering matters at the plant.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the efficient planning and management of the maintenance programs to ensure optimal plant availability which has a direct impact on the profitable running of the two operations. He/she will be responsible for guidance and professional support to the respective engineering teams. This includes planned maintenance (instrumentation/electrical/mechanical), management of the preventative maintenance programs, continuous improvement projects, interacting closely with the respective production teams to maximize machine availability, site infrastructure management, and project management. This individual will further be responsible for the development and performance management of the respective engineering teams.
- BEng/BSc Mechanical Engineering with at least 8-10 years’ maintenance management experience in a production environment
- Knowledge of thermodynamics, hydraulic and pneumatic systems, condition based monitoring and electrical engineering
- Advanced MS Excel and MS Projects skills with solid project management experience Exceptional mental agility, analytical thinking and innovative problem solving
- Energetic, optimistic and open to be challenged
- Innovative, proactive and strong focus on continuous process improvement Good interpersonal skills
If you had no response within 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your CV will be kept on our Database for future roles.