Title : Senior Business Intelligence Developer
Area : JHB/Sandton
Salary : R800k TCTC
My client is one of the leading financial services providers in the South African entry-level market.
- Enabling business
- Responsible for supporting the business with timely Reporting/Dashboard/Scorecard solutions using SQL Server/SSIS/SSRS, MS Excel, SharePoint and similar Business Intelligence tools.
- To support the reporting requirements by way of data extracts, queries, and automating processes/tasks, creating reports, scorecards and dashboards.
- Generate both periodic and ad hoc reports as needed.
- Understands the data, systems and architecture of front end applications and back end data.
- Analysis of data, finding patterns within large complex datasets
- Interface with multiple business users across the organization to gather and understand analytics /reporting requirements
- Build and maintain strong relationships with internal clients, and recommend innovative solutions to business problems
- Improving the quality of data and report output
- Test planning and execution.
- Performs data validation to ensure that data is correct and meets functional area data specifications.
- Validates the quality of the data, raises incidents, where necessary and works with business specialist to continuously improve on the quality of data.
- Adheres to reporting requirements and standards as stipulated in the service level agreement (SLA)
- Must be innovative
- Translates data in a way that meets functional area specifications.
- Provide continues improvement on reporting and analytics methods.
- System Documentation
- Create and update documentation for the entire BI environment
Relevant tertiary qualification
Experience & Knowledge:
Minimum 10 years extensive working experience in a BI Environment
- Extensive experience with MS SSRS
- Extensive experience with MS SSAS
- Extensive experience with MS T-SQL
- Extensive experience with MS SSIS
- Experience with Power BI is required
- Minimum 8 years extensive Database design (OLTP and Data warehouse)
- 8 Years dimensional modelling working experience
- Must have experience in designing Enterprise level BI Solutions using the Microsoft stack.
- Must have experience in designing Self Service BI Solutions.
- SAP Hana modelling will be advantageous
- Must have real world experience with designing and implementing predictive & descriptive analytical models.
Qualification and Experience
Degree or Diploma with 6 to 8 years related experience.
Knowledge and Skills
IT Data Analysis
Reporting and Administration
Quality, Compliance and Accreditation
Business Requirements Definition
Organisational savvy – Contributing through others
Manages complexity – Contributing through others
Plans and aligns – Contributing through others
Optimises work processes – Contributing through others
To apply for this role, please email Word CV to email@example.com and include the following:
- Updated CV
- Latest payslip
- Notice period
- Head & shoulders photo
If you had no response within 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.