Title: Engineering Underwriter – Underwriter Marketer
Area: Century City, Cape Town
Salary: R30k – negotiable on exp
My client a leader in the Engineering and Commercial Underwriter industry is seeking to employ an Engineering Underwriter / Underwriting Marketer – Construction & Engineering to join their fast growing dynamic team.
- Civil Engineering degree highly advantageous.
- Must be fully FAIS compliant with the required RE certificate.
- Qualifications and/or Certificates to accompany CV please
Skills & Experience:
- Relevant market experience of minimum 5 years is a requirement. Excellent marketing skills are beneficial.
- Must be technically proficient.
- Must be able to analyse and assess risks.
- Make a sound assessment of each individual risk in order to provide a quote that is both market and risk related.
- Must obtain enough information to determine whether the client is insurable and have a detailed knowledge of their business.
- Must have attention to detail.
- Smoothly managing your division on a day to day basis.
- Respond to queries and resolve them satisfactorily within scope of authority.
- Screening and distribution of incoming mail.
- General administration skills
- which entails following up on quotations and renewals,
- checking that policies are processed and
- sent out and corresponding with brokers.
- Ensure accuracy of outgoing documentation is up to company standards.
- Liaising with and assisting the Global Accounts and RI departments at Head Office with queries on all Global Accounts and re-insurance placements.
- Facilitate and assist with queries from Underwriting, Claims, Marketing and accounts departments.
- Must be client focused and very service orientated.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Must have good negotiation skills including initiative.
- Must be a team player.
- Must have a drivers’ licence and own car.
- Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft WORD and EXCEL.
- Underwriting experience (This is NOT an underwriting position)
- Work is driven by an internal system and requires an analytical mind.
- Must be hardworking and prepared to go the extra mile.
- Looking for an achiever.
- Product knowledge and knowledge of wordings is a must. Candidate must be able to produce a quote.
- Be well experienced in the following classes of insurance:
- Erection All Risk (EAR)
- Construction All Risks (CAR)
- Construction Industry Public Liability (CIPL)
- Dismantling Transit Erection
- Plant All Risks (Contractors Plant and Equipment)
- Public Liability Plant All Risks
- Machinery Breakdown (MB)
- Business Interruption (MB / BI)
- Deterioration of Stock (DOS)
- Electronic Equipment (EE)
- Works Damage
- Candidates applying for this position need to be disciplined, presentable, self-motivated and possess strong time management skills. The right person must have a positive outlook, be optimistic and should have a need to be successful in developing a sustainable book of engineering insurance business.
- This person will not issue policies and make amendments to policies on the system – as that is the function of a processor/data capture.
- South African citizens only!
- Must have engineering marketing and underwriting experience.
- Marketing experience
- Develop new brokers and market presence
- Provide brokers with service of excellence (technical & business support)
- Build relationships with brokers
- Underwriting experience
- risk analysis of new business.
- underwriting new business
- consider treaty requirements
- negotiating terms with broker
- calculate MPL
- arrange facultative reinsurance where necessary
- Requesting, implementing and monitoring of surveys
- SASRIA rating
- Extending existing single project policies
- Analyse Claims
- Consider treaty limitations
- Calculate terms to extend cover
- Renewal of Business.
- Negotiate renewals with Brokers
- Fac Reinsurance renewal if applicable.
- Reinsurance Broker
- Experienced in placing facultative reinsurance
- Liaison / negotiation with reinsurers on Facultative business and obtaining quotations and placement of Reinsurance.
- Provide fac in support
- Assist with Credit Control.
- Assist colleagues with technical queries
- Requesting, implementing and monitoring of surveys.
- Develop and arranging specialized covers and risks.
- Feedback on market intelligence including trends in respect of cover and rates.
- Develop, implement and monitor administration processes to ensure efficient policy administration.
- Provide assistance to HR with new appointments and interviews.
To apply please email your Word CV and head & Shoulder photo to firstname.lastname@example.org and include, availability, current cost to company and expected cost to company. If you had no response in 3 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.