Title: Director Development Manager (E-Learning)
The job purpose of the Individual Director Development Manager in Southern Africa is to manage the director development offerings and to provide, maintain and enhance the professional level of support and service internally and externally.
Role within the organisation
The role of the IDD Manager includes oversight, coordination and management of the IDD department. The reputation and the corporate image of the company are both factors that the individual will have direct influence over and is therefore a vitally important role.
Key Responsibility Areas and Duties
- IDD Management:
- Management of all duties and activities related to IDD programmes, including but not limited to, face to face programmes and eLearning programmes.
- Planning of annual programmes and professional management of the training calendar
- Conceptualising, development and implementation of new training programmes
- Management of content development and ongoing quality assurance of content (incl. online content/e-learning)
- Assuring overall quality and execution of the IDD offerings
- Maintaining and developing relationships with training facilitators, clients (incl. customer touch points) and strategic partners
- Achievement of revenue targets
- Management of department budgeting, forecasting and reporting
- Overall management of a team
- Managing efficiency and effectiveness of processes supporting departmental activities
- Oversight and quality assurance of internal processes and suppliers
- Attend company events and functions as required
- Promotion of company and services to all potential clients / members
Attitude & Personal Attributes
- Ability to function in a high pressured and complex professional body environment
- High energy and self-motivation level.
- The ability to keep up, cope with and embrace change within your working environment
- Attention to detail is a non-negotiable attribute required for this position
- A high level of courtesy towards internal and external clients at all times
- A problem-solving and results-orientated mindset
- Team player with strong training management skills
- Exceptional organisation and time-management skills
- A solid understanding of eLearning management
- Maintain a high standard of communication in both verbal and written Business English at all times
- Provide excellent customer service to all visitors, providers and internal staff at all times
- An intermediate to advanced level of PC literacy and the use of the Microsoft Office Suite is essential to this position
- The ability to self-manage your time and the tasks to be completed within the given timeframe(s) are of vital importance for this job
- This position requires you to understand and appreciate the “bigger picture” of the IoDSA and your role within it
- High standard of record keeping using IoDSA’s database system.
- Technical, specialist or analytical skills acquired through tertiary education or the equivalent experience.
- Advanced diploma/ NQF level 7
- Must have a drivers’ license with own reliable transport
- More than 5 years’ relevant experience
- Experience in managing eLearning will be advantageous
- Professional body experience will be an advantage.
- A good understanding of professional bodies
- A good understanding of training management
- eLearning development and implementation
To apply for this vacancy, please email updated Word CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following:
- Head & shoulders photo
- Current cost to company
- Expected cost to company
- Notice period
- Brief motivation for your application