Title : Credit Control Manager
Area : Bedfordview
Salary : Market related
Maintain an effective and professional credit control system in the Insurance Industry. Ensure the team is effective and collections up to date monthly. Must have 10 years’ experience in credit control management.
Qualifications: Must have matric. A diploma in credit control management and an insurance qualification an advantage.
- Able to demonstrate experience within Credit Control in the Insurance Industry
- Computer literate
- Possess an advanced understanding of Word, Excel, Mail Merges and V-lookup functions.
- Must have the ability to prioritize
- Accuracy / high attention to detail
- Must be able to take initiative
- Must be able to identify and solve problems effectively
- Problem-solving, effective planning and organizational skills
- Ability to successfully manage multiple priorities and assignments
- Able to direct and lead others to produce desired results
- An experienced team player, bring enthusiasm and energy into group efforts
- Must have exceptional interpersonal and leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills essential, both written and verbal
- Strong diary & time management skills
- Meeting of deadlines.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan and initiate strategies for premium collections.
- Ensure that tight credit control is maintained on all outstanding insurance premiums through coordination of all collection activities and management of credit control staff:
- ensures prompt collections
- Correct payment allocations
- Account reconciliations
- Where required, initiate proceedings to ensure outstanding debts are bought to a satisfactory conclusion
- Develop and implement collection policies and procedures and review same on a regular basis and submits appropriate improvement plans and strategies
- Identify and apply changes in the insurance industry.
- Accuracy and high attention to detail.
- Monitors and controls the outstanding premium book.
- Compiling of reports for Finance. Commissions, debit commissions, debit order submissions, age analysis.
- Compiles, disseminates and monitors implementation of collection policies, procedures and FSB
- Ensures maintenance of broker database in terms of FAIS
- Analyze arrear premiums on monthly basis.
- To ensure strict and continuous follow-up of outstanding premiums.
- Regularly review non-performing brokers in terms of late payments and plans/strategies for recovery of those premiums.
- Performs other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Prepare operational analysis of monthly results & trends.
- Implement, recommended and maintained credit control standards, process flows (policies and procedures).
- Ensure that staff complies with the company’s internal control/risk evaluation
- Actively train credit controllers and accounts/reconciliation clerks
- Targets/goals to be met
- Staff performance
- Handling of queries and feedback to internal/external customers.
- Continuous improvement of service delivery in terms of service level agreements and optimize performance management.
- Develop relationships with clients and sales through on-going communication.
- Optimize business process efficiency.
- FSB maintenance
- Ensure that the FSP is compliant in terms FAIS
- Intermediary Contracts
- Agency applications and ensuring all documents are up to date.
To apply for this vacancy please email updated Word CV to email@example.com including the following:
- Head and shoulders photo
- Current cost to company
- Expected cost to company
- Notice period
- Reason for leaving each previous employment