Title: Senior Membership Coordinator
Salary: R200k-R300k (neg)
The job purpose of the Customer Service Senior Coordinator: Membership Services is to provide, maintain and enhance the professional level of support and services rendered, both internally and externally, as required within the professional environment.
Role within the organisation
The reputation and the corporate image of the company are both factors that you will have direct influence over. As Customer Service Senior Coordinator: Membership Services your main role within the organization will be to grow membership and meet targets as well as supervision of the overall membership administration services. An excellent level of customer service is required from you at all times.
Key responsibilities and duties
- Supervise/Oversight of the Membership Admin Coordinator team in terms of work output, quality, efficiency and reporting
- Provide end to end assistance and service to new and existing clients; ensuring same day responses to all clients, regardless of the type of medium enquiries and service requests are received in
- Design, maintain and manage the ongoing effectiveness and efficiency of all processes related to area of responsibility
- Manage all aspects of the membership lifecycle relevant to the Membership services function
- Maintain the membership database and member records, ensuring 100% accuracy of all member data
- Deal with service escalations as and when they occur
- Efficient conversion of prospects to members, including following up on leads received
- Oversee additional membership services such as Advertising for Non Executive Director vacancies
- Provide suitable leadership and direction of team members
- Coaching, mentoring and motivation of team
- Ensure team is fully equipped and received appropriate training as identified
- Maintain team discipline and deal with matters fairly and timeously
- Ensure team is living the company values, mission and vision and that HR policies and procedures are adhered to
- Provide regular feedback and reporting of staff related matters to manager.
Membership recruiting and marketing
- Manage and liaise with suppliers and clients where necessary
- Coordinate and manage attendance of membership staff at departmental events where marketing, recruiting and networking with current and potential members are possible
- Keep track of and report on targets and objectives on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Ensure accurate financial reconciliations and reporting to the manager
- Manage debtors according to company policy and procedures
- Oversee member related finance transaction recordal such as credit card allocations, cash and electronic transfers.
- Respond to any reasonable ad-hoc requests from time to time
Events and functions
- Assist with and attend company functions as required
Attitude & Personal Attributes
- Ability to prioritize work and work on several tasks at any given time
- Strong client service orientation and a “Client is King” attitude and a high level of courtesy at all times to clients and the company team
- Ability to work well under pressure and be able to meet deadlines in a pressurized environment
- A problem-solving and results-orientated mind-set will be required for this position
- Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule if necessary
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Discretion when handling confidential information
- Ability to embrace change within your working environment
- Have an exceptional attention to detail & have a high accuracy level
- Handle criticism constructively
- Consistent good behavior
- Confidence when dealing with any situation either face to face or via the telephone
- Accountability whereby delegated tasks are assigned by the Membership Manager
- Ability to live the company values:
Ubuntu, Integrity, Professionalism, Efficiency and adding value & Innovation
- Required skills and knowledge
- Maintain a high standard of communication in both verbal and written Business English at all times
- Provide excellent customer service to all visitors, providers and internal staff at all times
- An intermediate to advanced level of PC literacy and the use of the Microsoft Office Suite is essential to this position with the ability to learn new software applications
- The ability to self-manage your time and the tasks to be completed within the give timeframe(s) are of vital importance for this job
- A high level of co-ordination and supervisory skills are required for this job
- This position requires you to understand and appreciate the “bigger picture” of the Company and your role within it
- High standard of record keeping.
- A good understanding of time management
- Experience and qualification
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a Senior administrator, Team leader or Supervisor preferably in a customer / client services environment.
- Recognised NQF 6 or higher qualification (or studying towards).
- Types of problem solving
- Problems are variable, and resolution may require some flexibility within established procedures. Always makes first line attempt to solve problems.
- Communication need to understand
- Detailed verbal and written instructions or requests
- Detailed written procedures
- Detailed written correspondence
- Detailed technical and/or functional instructions or queries
- Written company policy documents
- Communication need to carry out
- Routine communication in connection with instructions, requests or normal work tasks.
- Routine communication with customers or clients
- Detailed written correspondence
- Communication around escalated or difficult queries with customers or clients
- Detailed technical explanation of products, services or systems to internal or external customers or clients.
- Simple verbal or written instructions or requests to employees or contractors.
Influence on people
- Required to convey information to others outside of own work area but inside organisation
- Required to convey information to others outside of own organisation
- Required to persuade individuals inside the organisation
- Required to persuade individuals outside of the organisation
To apply for this position, please email updated Word format CV to email@example.com and include the following:
- Head & shoulders photo
- Reasons for leaving each previous employer
- Current/previous cost to company
- Expected cost to company
- Notice period
- Brief motivation for your application