JOB TITLE : FINANCIAL MANAGER
AREA : MUFULIRA – ZAMBIA
SALARY : MARKET RELATED
To undertake the Financial Management of the Company by safe guarding the assets and interests and
provide strategic direction to enhance profitability. The successful candidate will be responsible for all
financial duties (local and international), to implement financial strategies, coordinate financial
processes and procedures and ensure an effective financial environment. He/She will act
as an intermediary between the Company, the Finance division at Head Office, Auditors and
International joint ventures.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Reviewing financial reports, monitoring accounts, and preparing activity reports and financial forecasts.
- Investigate ways to improve profitability, and analyze markets for business opportunities, such as expansion, mergers or acquisitions.
- Conducting data analysis, planning and strategizing, and advising senior managers and top executives.
- Budget and forecasting
- To manage the development, implementation and/or maintenance of the accounting systems: Journal entries, General Ledger, Accounts Receivables, Account Payable, Revenue Reconciliation, Cash flows, cost, etc.
- Accurate consolidation, compilation, analysis and reporting of accounting data and revenue as well as participating in annual audits and special projects.
- To ensure the full Accounting cycle is completed with accuracy on a monthly basis
- To ensure the full balance sheet reconciliations of all trading companies are completed before monthly board and divisional meetings and prepare monthly management accounts and group pack
- To liaise with the bookkeepers, auditors and accounting firm to ensure the income statement analysis and correction of any misallocations or imbalances are carried out
- Joint venture financial analysis and accounting.
- Joint venture contractual arrangements and policies
- To check that monthly supplier reconciliations are completed, checked and signed off
- To ensure new assets purchased are capitalized into the accounting system and the asset register is completed monthly
- To ensure weekly cash flow reporting is submitted
- To administrate and assist the accounting firm with budget cycle administration and collation of budgets annually as per agreed timelines
- To prepare the financial year end audit files for all companies and to liaise with the audit firm regarding all audit procedures
- To review Divisional Reports on a monthly basis
- To ensure the accounting system is utilised in the correct manner and that all queries relating to the application are addressed
- To ensure all statutory reporting and banking accounts are maintained: VAT reconciliations and submissions, all ZRA queries and correspondence
- Consolidate and compile an analysis and reporting of accounting data and revenue (Monthly Management Accounts).
- Manage insurance portfolio of securities with assets
- Overseeing the flow of cash and financial instruments
- Planning and directing the activities of workers in departments and divisions
- Preparing reports as required by law, regulations or company policies
- Ensuring compliance with applicable laws and procedures.
- Financial staff: accountant, bookkeeper, debtors and creditors
- Meetings with staff – continuous discussion with regards to status of accounts
Accounting System responsibilities:
- Provide support/training
- Liaison with service provider when required
- Month end closure financial process
- Manufacturing and inventory module interface
- ZRA queries and correspondence (Audits, Tax clearances, etc.)
- Stanbic Bank Electronic banking user and account maintenance
- Booking exchange rates for foreign payments
- Assistance and guidance to accounting personnel of group companies
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
- Senior Secondary School certificate with Mathematics and accounting
- Diploma or degree in Accounting or Financial management. 7+ years post qualification experience.
- Computer literate: word processing, spread sheets and financial packages
- English (speak, read and write) and good interpersonal skills are minimum requirements
- Strong problem solving skills and an analytical ability
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Understand and carry out complex oral instructions
- Read and carry out complex written instructions
- Prepare detail records and reports
- Count and make complex arithmetic addition and subtraction
- Plan, direct and coordinate own work activities
- Plan, direct and coordinate work activities for others
- Provide training for other workers
- Work alone without supervision
- Work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Read verify and interpret schedules and specifications
- Previous exposure to Foreign Companies will be beneficial
To apply for this position please email Word CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following:
- Head & Shoulders photo
- Current cost to company
- Expected cost to company
- Notice period
- Motivation / Overview