Title : COMMERCIAL MARKETER
Area : Century City, Cape Town
Salary : R30k neg
My client a leader in the Engineering and Commercial Underwriter industry is seeking to employ a Commercial Marketer (Underwriter) – Construction & Engineering to join their fast growing dynamic team.
Overview : Provide quality underwriting outcomes for the Marketing function through effectively maintaining marketing standards and providing quality client and broker service while improving client base and income. Source a sustainable stream of potential business from brokers. Must have a track record that you can prove.
- Visit brokers to introduce the company and develop market presence and build relationships with a view to obtaining new business.
- Feedback on market intelligence including trends in respect of cover and rates.
- Respond to queries and resolve them satisfactorily within scope of authority.
- Prepare and attend meetings when necessary.
- Meet budget responsibility.
- Review and analyse new quote requests, follow-up and tracking.
- Ability to analyse complex quotes / renewals.
- Keeping up-to-date with internal processes and procedures as well as product development.
- Participating in proactive and vibrant sales and marketing initiatives – a GO GETTER.
- Maintaining of the appropriate underwriting rules and rating structures.
- Understand the product & underwriting needs of intermediaries and clients.
Must be fully FAIS compliant. (a tertiary degree would be advantageous.)
5 years’ Broker Consulting/marketing experience with a proven track record. Proven track record in maintaining and building new relationships with intermediaries and industry bodies in short term insurance.
- Must be technically proficient.
- Must be able to sell.
- Must be able to analyse and assess risks.
- Must have attention to detail.
- Must be client focused and very service orientated.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Must have good negotiation skills including initiative.
- Must be a team player.
- Must have a drivers’ licence and own car.
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft WORD and EXCEL.
- Product knowledge and knowledge of wordings.
- Qualifications to accompany CV please together with DOFA.
To apply please email your Word CV and head & Shoulder photo to firstname.lastname@example.org and include, availability, current cost to company and expected cost to company. If you had no response in 3 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.